Vehicle Working Optimisation – Efficient and in Line with Demand
Automatically calculate optimal vehicle working schedules
With IVU.rail's vehicle working optimisation, planners can create more efficient vehicle workings and run schedules. By using complex mathematical algorithms, the optimisation core always finds a cost-effective and need-based solution for the set of trips being scheduled. Upon request, the system automatically creates unavoidable non-revenue trips and plans maintenance procedures based on predefined service intervals. When doing so, it takes into account the availability of maintenance resources and parking capacities in the depots. The costs of individual vehicle working components are included in the calculation, in addition to general guidelines for layover times, changes of vehicle types and set-up/take-down times. Furthermore, you can define which traction and seating capacities must be fulfilled for each vehicle working.
Planners maintain complete control at all times during the entire optimisation process. You can define the exact weighting for the parameters according to which IVU.rail creates solution suggestions. In doing so, it receives the optimal variant for each operational requirement. This makes it possible to calculate various "what if" scenarios that can be used for making quotations, for example.
Vehicle working optimisation from IVU.rail:
- Optimise individual and multi-day vehicle workings and vehicle working series
- "What if" scenarios make it possible to compare different variants with ease
- Free weighting of the parameters for optimal and need-based results
- Take into consideration guidelines for vehicles, service intervals and capacities
- Manually rework vehicle working schedules that have already been optimised
- Optimise trip sets from any number of routes
- Retain existing linkages to revenue trips upon request
- Easy access directly from vehicle working scheduling
- Developed in cooperation with LBW Optimization GmbH – a branch of the Konrad-Zuse-Zentrum Berlin (ZIB)